It has occurred to me and Agrippa that we do not have any easily accessible rules that give clarity on what is and isn't allowed in our chat room. While I wish I could say that we do not need them, certain situations have arisen (which shall remain unlisted and unnamed for the sake of privacy) that have led both me and Agrippa to believe that we need to establish some rules that are set in stone. All of these have been brought up to Agrippa himself and have been approved. If you have any recommendations I suggest posting them below so we may take them into consideration.
Ignoring these rules will result in a warning, followed by a timeout if the warning is not heeded, with repeating offenders being unfortunately banned. If you wish to file an appeal to a ban you may do so via contacting any of the Moderators or Agrippa himself. We also expect adherence to these rules when Agrippa is streaming for Slitherine.
The Rules of Conduct:
1) Respect fellow viewers. This may seem obvious, however we tend to have a fuzzy idea of what it is in general so we shall set it in place here. Purposely belittling, insulting, or harassing a viewer in general, regardless of intention, is not something we want. If both of you establish that it is harmless fun then it is ok, however if a viewer asks you back off and leave them alone then we expect you to respect their wishes and do so. Naturally, if a moderator asks you to tone it down you are expected to do so, they got their position for a reason.
2) Politics. We all have our views and we like to talk about them, however, situations can get tense when people disagree and some may not want to be long term viewers if they feel unwelcome. Regardless of ideology, you are expected to keep politics to a minimum if at all possible around the times of 7:00 Am to 10:00 PM (EST time) with times out of this area being free-for-alls to talk about whatever you want (maintain adherence to the other rules, however).
3) Links. Yes, yes, laugh it up but it is an issue that needs addressed. These are to be kept at an absolute minimum, if you have a picture you wish to show, blog post, or anything akin to that you are expected to post something that is within the realm of decency (no pornography or anything else of that nature). If you wish for a song request, post the name of the song in the chat room and Agrippa will attempt to play it. If he is unable to then people can search it up themselves on their own free time since the name is right there in the chat.
4) Spam. Another obvious one, but needs to be said. Random blathering that have nothing to do with what is occurring in game, an ongoing conversation, or that clearly isn't meant to spark discussion, will be met with a warning. Also, posting random advertisements on other Twitch channels is looked down upon. You represent us as a whole when you go out there, making us look like rude individuals trying to leech off of other channels is not acceptable behavior. If you recommend the channel in a proper conversation that is ok. Going to a channel simply to advertise something and to detract from channel viewership is something us mods ban from the channel, we wouldn't accept it here, we certainly won't accept it there.
5). Moderator Duties. As moderators, you are expected to be reasonable upholders of the rules and are in no way above them. Clear accidents and fixable mistakes are ok, so long as you learn your lesson and take steps to avoid them (I have made a few myself, what's important is that you figured out that its a problem). Blatantly banning or timing out anyone for reasons that do not pertain to the rules is unacceptable, and frequent abuse of power will see your privileges revoked. I for one will not have your back if you use your position as a way to bully others. Innocent jokes are ok, so long as its established its a joke and you do not act upon them. I, myself have made said jokes about abusing power many-a time but have not acted upon them and never will, so help me whatever deity you subscribe to.
6) No bomb jokes. I wish I had a good reason to put this here beyond "someone made too many of these"... Alas, reality can be boring.
7) Sexual Content. In detail descriptions of "private" subjects are to remain private. Harmless comments describing attraction are ok, a detailed post of what you like doing in the bedroom isn't, regardless of gender or preference.
Last Edit: Nov 13, 2015 21:02:01 GMT by Deleted
jenskatz: The moon is orange
Aug 21, 2018 21:37:37 GMT
icechuck: Most of my experience is with Xenforo.
Apr 11, 2018 18:19:45 GMT
davezissou: what are you most familiar with on the forum front? is there much customization from these or any of its competitors?
Apr 11, 2018 18:12:50 GMT
icechuck: It'll take me some time to spruce these up. I don't use proboards much
Apr 11, 2018 18:10:20 GMT